Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let the Right One In



2009, R, ** (Swedish-Dubbed in English)

This Swedish vampire flick was simply the weirdest Vampire movie I’ve ever seen. I don’t know whether it was because the children creeped me out or what, but I continued to view it.

The plot is very straight forward, a young vampire girl Eli (Lina Leandersson) moves into the apartment next door to Oskar. Oskar (Kare Hedebrant) is being bullied daily by 3 students at the elementary school. Eli tries to keep her distance, yet decides to help Oskar with the bully problem and rid the bad kids. Also-Eli is really creepy.

This movie was strange, and not what I would call a great vampire movie despite its many decent reviews. It kind of reminded me of "Children of the Corn" meets "Lord of the Flies." Who knows, that might attract some people to watch. Oh, and if you don’t mind watching dubbed movies, then maybe you can get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment